Dell Technologies Telecom Software and Solutions Speed 5G and Open RAN Innovation
- Dell Technologies Bare Metal Orchestrator software gives communication service providers an agile and cost-effective way to deploy and operate their open network infrastructure across diverse geographies
- New telecom solutions with Mavenir and Wind River bolster
Dell'sopen ecosystem of industry partners
- Dell Technologies Respond and Restore for Telecom service provides expert support of
Dell'snetwork infrastructure for quick network resolutions
To support the massive growth of data expected from 5G applications and services, CSPs are moving compute infrastructure to the edge and looking to integrate a broad ecosystem of software vendors to capture new revenue opportunities. New technologies like Open
"As server technology proliferates through increasingly open telecom networks, the industry sees an immediate and growing need for remote lifecycle management of a highly distributed compute fabric," said
Dell Technologies Bare Metal Orchestrator telecom software offers the breadth and scale to automate the deployment and management of hundreds of thousands of servers across geographic locations to support ORAN and 5G deployments. The company's first software to come from its Project Metalweaver initiative, Bare Metal Orchestrator gives CSPs the tools to discover and inventory servers, bring them online and deploy software, regardless of where they reside in the network. With declarative automation, Bare Metal Orchestrator tells the targeted server what to do, so that tasks and workflows – such as deploying software stacks and workloads – can be completed quickly and efficiently without human intervention. The software combines open standards technology with
With Bare Metal Orchestrator, CSPs can eliminate days or weeks of configuration and provisioning to bring network hardware into a workload-ready state. This reduces the time it takes for an open network to deliver differentiated, profitable services at scale. Over time, the software can reduce operational costs by orchestrating server lifecycle management and minimizing errors and reliance on IT expertise.
"As we prepare for the future of 5G mobility and edge, we at T-Mobile have been closely collaborating with
"The industry is making progress toward Open RAN networks, but network operators are challenged with how to operate them cost-effectively at massive scale," said
New telecom solutions simplify network deployments, deliver better experiences
- Dell Technologies Validated Solution for Mavenir Open vRAN and VMware Telco Cloud Platform brings together many industry-leading RAN partners within a validated solution of hardware and software, helping CSPs accelerate their transformation to ORAN technologies with pre-tested multi-vendor solutions.
- Dell Technologies Reference Architecture for
Wind River Studiocan streamline and reduce the cost of deploying a cloud-native, edge network while improving network performance.
- Dell Technologies Respond and Restore for Telecom service provides customers with support service level agreements to help maximize network uptime, limit network disruptions and maintain business continuity. Organizations have 24-hour access to designated
Dell Technologiesexperts for complete support of the Dell Technologiesinfrastructure running their network, along with a full set of proactive, predictive and reactive capabilities.
"Open RAN is now moving from the trial phase to full commercial deployment as a cloud-native solution and is supported in
"Communications service providers have a tremendous opportunity in front of them to modernize their networks – from core to edge to RAN – and monetize 5G services. Building out an infrastructure that can support and scale edge-native apps will require collaboration between leading technology providers across the ecosystem.
"As we move towards an intelligent systems world, the next generation of 5G services will require a cloud-native, carrier grade infrastructure to support innovative edge applications," said
- Dell Technologies Bare Metal Orchestrator will be available globally in
- Dell Technologies Validated Solution for Mavenir Open vRAN and VMware Telco Cloud Platform will be globally available in early 2022.
- Dell Technologies Reference Architecture for
Wind River Studiois available globally today.
- Dell Technologies Respond and Restore for Telecom is available globally today.
- Learn how
Dell Technologieshelps communications service providers transform to capture opportunities at the edge
- Read more on how DISH and
Dell Technologieswill build the nation's first Open RAN 5G edge infrastructure
- Read more on why Vodafone selected
Dell Technologiesto help build first commercial Open RAN network in Europe
- Connect with
Dellvia Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
Copyright © 2021 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
1 Based on
2 Payment solutions provided to qualified commercial customers by
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-telecom-software-and-solutions-speed-5g-and-open-ran-innovation-301399492.html
Media Relations: Media.Relations@Dell.com