Dell Technologies Turns Up the Power on Dell EMC PowerStore with Greater Performance and Automation
- New Dell EMC PowerStore software improves workload performance by up to 25%
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning enhancements drive cost savings and up to 15% lower workload latency
- New PowerStore 500 model offers lower cost, enterprise performance to businesses of all sizes
- Nearly twenty percent of PowerStore buyers are new to
"PowerStore is the fastest-growing new architecture in
"Our hand tracking and mid-air haptics technologies are transforming industries like XR, automotive, kiosk and out of home advertising. Dell EMC PowerStore's performance, automation, deduplication and scalability capabilities are helping to transform our IT infrastructure," said
Enhancements in PowerStoreOS 2.0 can be applied to new and existing PowerStore appliances with zero disruptions to customer operations:
- Performance improvements: PowerStore supports a wide range of workloads with its scale-up, scale-out architecture for block, file and
VMwarevSphere Virtual Volumes. Businesses now get better performance from workloads on their PowerStore, achieving up to 25% more Input/Output Operations Per Second (IOPS).2
- Infrastructure modernization: PowerStore extends the advantages of NVMe across the data center by adding the option of NVMe over Fibre Channel (NVMe-FC), which requires a simple software update and no additional hardware.
- Scale-out with AppsON: The industry's only storage array with a built-in VMware ESXi hypervisor 3 allows customers to run applications directly on the system using the AppsON feature for better performance, mobility and workload consolidation. Scale-out and appliance clustering additions to AppsON provide additional compute power for storage-intensive applications at the edge in areas such as healthcare and big data analytics.
"Enterprises undergoing digital transformation are looking for performance and flexibility to better help them accommodate demanding new workloads and better consolidate existing ones in distributed environments," said
PowerStore updates automate data processes and deliver greater cost savings:
- Intelligent data reduction: PowerStore simplifies storage management by optimizing capacity and performance while delivering a guaranteed 4:1 data reduction.4 The array's Intelligent Data Reduction functionality is always running without impacting performance.
- Greater resiliency: PowerStore's Dynamic Resiliency Engine (DRE) helps customers maintain performance while safeguarding against dual drive failures. DRE provides up to 98% less management effort compared to traditional RAID configurations.5
- Smarter tiering: PowerStore uses storage class memory (SCM) as persistent storage and differentiates between SCM and standard NVMe drives within the system, speeding metadata access for up to 15% lower workload latency6 with an investment as low as a single Intel® Optane™ D4800X drive.
PowerStore's automation capabilities are complimented by Dell EMC CloudIQ, storage monitoring and analytics software that uses artificial and human intelligence to deliver real-time performance and capacity insights.
Introducing the PowerStore 500
The PowerStore 500 delivers enterprise performance and storage services at an accessible price point. PowerStore 500 is suitable to businesses of any size and can be used in remote or branch locations, edge environments or larger IT deployments. It's also available through Flex On Demand, allowing customers to acquire the technology they need with payments that scale to match actual usage.
The array's compact 2U form-factor stores up to 1.2 petabytes and is capable of handling demanding enterprise workloads, supporting up to 2.4 million SQL transactions per minute7 and 1,500 VDI desktops per appliance.8 Customers can combine multiple PowerStore 500 appliances for an affordable cluster that is easily managed with automation and data mobility capabilities. For larger configurations, customers can mix and match PowerStore models to scale as IT needs change.
The Dell EMC Future-Proof Program includes Anytime Upgrades, the industry's most flexible controller upgrade program.9 Unique to
"Dell EMC PowerStore's unique architecture, automation capabilities and performance help our customers tackle today and tomorrow's IT challenges," said
- Dell EMC PowerStore software updates are available for download on
June 10, 2021.
- PowerStore 500 is available for ordering on
May 4, 2021with global shipments starting June 10, 2021.
- Press release: Dell Technologies Bolsters the
University of Pisa'sRemote Education and Critical Medical Research Projects with Dell EMC PowerStore
- Connect with
Dellvia Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
1.IDC WW Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker, 2020Q4,
2. Based on
3. Based on
4. 4:1 average rate guaranteed across customer applications. Rates for individual applications may vary. See Future-Proof program terms and conditions for details.
5. Based on
6. Based on
7. Based on
8. Based on
9. Based on
10. Upgrade available after 180 days. Requires purchase of minimum 3-year ProSupport Plus with Anytime Upgrade Select or Standard add-on option at point of sale to qualify.
Copyright © 2021 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-turns-up-the-power-on-dell-emc-powerstore-with-greater-performance-and-automation-301272105.html
Media Relations: Media.Relations@Dell.com