Dell Technologies Storage Software Innovations Power New Levels of Automation, Security and Multi-Cloud Flexibility
- More than 500
Dellstorage portfolio software advancements improve intelligence, automation, data mobility and security across clouds, on-premises and edge environments with no additional cost to existing customers
- Dell PowerStore enhancements deliver up to 50% better application performance, 66% more capacity, enterprise file enhancements and new
- Dell PowerMax software increases cyber resilience, doubles performance of new end-to-end NVMe architecture, and automates storage operations
- Dell PowerFlex introduces file services to simplify workload consolidation and adds file support for all major container orchestration platforms
"Organizations all over the world look to
More than 500 software advancements across
"IQVIA uses the power of data science to help customers accelerate clinical development and healthcare outcomes," said
Dell PowerStore, the fastest ramping new architecture in company history, will deliver up to a 50%2 mixed workload performance boost and up to 66%3 greater capacity. Customers can better plan business continuity strategies with software-only high availability metro replication configured in as few as five clicks. Additional software advancements make it possible for organizations to:
- Better support and secure file workloads with file level retention, native file replication and support for third-party file monitoring and ransomware protection.
- Take advantage of deeper
VMwareintegrations including improved VMwarevSphere® Virtual Volumes™ (vVols) latency and performance plus simplified disaster recovery with vVols replication, VM-level snapshots and fast clones.
- Maximize performance of new hardware with end-to-end NVMe support and increased networking speeds.
Dell PowerMax, the world's most secure, mission-critical storage,4 will introduce cyber resiliency advancements including cyber vaults for traditional and mainframe deployments. CloudIQ ransomware capabilities help detect cyberattacks early to minimize exposure and speed recovery. PowerMax now offers up to 65 million secure snapshots to improve cyber recovery and increases efficiency with new 4:1 data reduction guarantee.5 Additional software-driven updates help organizations:
- Increase productivity with automated storage operations such as multi-array smart provisioning, workload optimization, and health monitoring and remediation.
- Quickly move data to public clouds with faster cloud snapshot shipping and recovery, built-in high availability to minimize downtime and easy restore of cloud-based object storage data.
- Experience double the performance6 with up to 50% better response times7 in demanding application and mainframe environments on two new NVMe-based PowerMax models. Anytime Upgrade customers are eligible for non-disruptive upgrades.
Dell PowerFlex software-defined infrastructure will consolidate traditional and modern workloads with new file services that allow for unified block and file capabilities on a single platform. PowerFlex simplifies multi-cloud and DevOps with the broadest file and block8 support for all major Kubernetes and container orchestration platforms from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Red Hat, SUSE and
- Realize greater TCO savings by consolidating traditional and containerized workloads using unified block and file storage services across bare metal and virtualized deployments.
- Simplify PowerFlex deployment through NVMe-over-TCP connectivity with consistent standards-based storage networking.
- Streamline operations with new unified compute, storage and system lifecycle management capabilities within PowerFlex Manager software.
"Organizations are increasingly seeking IT infrastructure that delivers a cloud-like experience wherever their data lives," said
"Our customers choose
- Dell PowerStore, PowerMax, and PowerFlex advancements have planned global availability in the third quarter of 2022.
- Dell Technologies Expands Multi-Cloud Experiences Across Cyber Recovery, Data Analytics and Partner Ecosystem
- Three Ways Software-Driven Innovation Powers the Storage Experience
- Connect with
Dellvia Twitter and LinkedIn
Copyright © 2022 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
1. IDC WW Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker, 2021Q4, March 11, 2022 – Vendor Revenue.
2. Based on internal tests comparing PowerStore 1200T peak IOPS with PowerStore OS 3.0 vs. PowerStore 1000T with PowerStoreOS 2.1, running 70/30 read/write mix, 8k block size. March, 2022. Actual results may vary.
3. Maximum effective capacity for largest PowerStore cluster with PowerStoreOS 3.0 vs. PowerStoreOS 2.0. Assumes average 4:1 data reduction. Actual results vary.
4. Based on
5. Based on
6. Based on
7. Based on
8. Based on
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-storage-software-innovations-power-new-levels-of-automation-security-and-multi-cloud-flexibility-301536784.html
Media Relations: Media.Relations@Dell.com