Dell Technologies Storage Advancements Accelerate AI and Generative AI Strategies
- Dell PowerScale systems deliver up to a 200% performance improvement for streaming reads and writes to help customers more quickly access data for AI workloads
- Dell PowerScale OneFS software updates improve AI modeling capabilities for data preparation, training, fine-tuning and inferencing
- Dell PowerScale is expected to be the first ethernet storage solution validated on NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD, which will give customers increased flexibility, speed and ease for AI storage
- Dell APEX File Storage for Microsoft Azure delivers enterprise class file performance and capabilities to support demanding AI and ML workloads
"Storage performance is a critical factor for successful AI and generative AI outcomes," said
Addressing the need for high performance and efficiency for AI storage
New advancements from Dell PowerScale, the world's most flexible,1 secure2 and efficient3 scale-out file storage system, address increasing customer demands for higher AI and GenAI performance.
Now, with PowerScale OneFS software enhancements, companies can prepare, train, fine-tune and inference AI models more quickly. With new PowerScale all-flash storage systems, based on latest generation Dell PowerEdge servers, customers will see up to a 2X performance increase for streaming reads and writes.4
"We make an engineering change every 17 minutes, a speed unachievable without a powerful IT infrastructure that underpins all of our processes," said
PowerScale will offer a new smart scale-out capability to improve single compute node performance for enhanced GPU utilization, leading to faster storage throughput for AI training, checkpointing and inferencing.
Dell PowerScale undergoes validation for NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD
With Dell PowerScale becoming validated for NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD, NVIDIA's turnkey data center AI infrastructure solution, customers will be able to confidently accelerate their AI and GenAI initiatives with
Bringing AI to data wherever it resides
With nearly 87% of companies embracing multicloud strategies,6
Dell APEX File Storage for Microsoft Azure, the latest addition to the Dell APEX Storage for Public Cloud portfolio, delivers enterprise-class file performance and management capabilities in Microsoft Azure. Customers will be able to easily meet the needs of performance-intensive AI and machine learning applications like Azure OpenAI Service and Azure AI Vision.
Dell APEX File Storage in AWS and Azure allows customers to take advantage of cloud-native AI and GenAI workflows on data in public clouds or on premises with improved data access and movement. For example, through
- The Dell PowerScale OneFS software enhancements will be globally available this month.
- Next-generation all-flash Dell PowerScale systems and new smart scale-out feature will be globally available in the first half of 2024.
- Dell PowerScale is being validated with NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD, with expected completion in the first quarter of 2024.
- Dell APEX for File Storage for Microsoft Azure will be globally available in the first half of 2024.
- Dell APEX for File Storage integration with
Databricksand MosaicML is available in AWS today and in Microsoft Azure in the first half of 2024.
Dellopen, modern data lakehouse solution will be globally available in the first half of 2024.
- Learn more about the Dell AI-Ready Platform
- Learn more about Dell PowerScale
- Learn more about Dell Data Management
- Blog: Dell Named File and Object Storage Market Leader
- Blog: AI Anywhere on Data Everywhere
- Connect with
Dellon X and LinkedIn
About Dell Technologies
Copyright © 2023 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
1 Based on
2 Based on
3 Based on
4 Based on
5 Dell is ranked #1 globally in NAS solutions for external OEM storage in IDC WW Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker, 2023 Q2 historical release,
6 Flexera, 2023 State of the Cloud Report.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-storage-advancements-accelerate-ai-and-generative-ai-strategies-302008039.html