Dell Technologies Drives the Evolution of Modern Support and Security
- ProSupport Suite for PCs enhancements provide greater IT visibility, remote remediation, actionable recommendations and the industry's first automated custom update catalog management and deployment capabilities
- AI-driven support, tools and cloud portal now available for channel partners globally through ProSupport Suite for PCs
- New endpoint security offerings help prevent, detect and respond to threats and help deliver secure deployments of commercial PCs
In today's "do anything from anywhere" world, the PC is more than just a tool; it has become the key connection point for work and communication. Employees rely on it as a gateway for collaboration and productivity—and any downtime is disruptive especially to the bottom line.
"If your PCs aren't productive, your employees aren't either," said
ProSupport Suite for PCs maximizes productivity and uptime with new features that customize and tailor IT support
According to a recent survey from
- Customizable IT management tools: ProSupport Suite for PC is the first support service to provide IT managers with automated custom update catalog management and deployment capabilities.3 Now they have the ability to update Dell BIOS, drivers, firmware and applications automatically and remotely, and customize how those updates are grouped and managed.
- Tailored, actionable information for PC fleet in one place: For the first time, IT managers can see actionable health, application experience and security scores for their entire Dell PC fleet in one glance.4 They can use those scores over time to uncover performance trends and also take immediate action when needed, remotely, leveraging tailored recommendations and utilization metrics provided by Dell Technologies AI-powered services support software.
- Customized, remote workflows: Using a customized rules engine to define and orchestrate remote remediation workflows at scale, IT managers are also able to predetermine who receives updates automatically and how they are administered.
- ProSupport Suite for PCs features available to channel partners and their customers: Channel partners can leverage the entire scope of our AI-driven support, tools and portal within the ProSupport Suite for PCs. Partners can view and manage the support experience for multiple organizations using SupportAssist in TechDirect and have the option to leverage
Dell Technologies'expertise to help overcome customer challenges on a case-by-case or fleetwide basis.
"The role of IT has never been more important. While the mission remains the same – keep everyone productive and systems up and running – the operations behind it have become a lot more complicated, especially with the amount of data and opportunities at the edge ever-increasing," said
Doubling down with industry-first innovations for the industry's most secure and intelligent commercial PC portfolio with built-in AI5
The rapid shift to remote work, increased use of cloud applications and new ways of addressing employee productivity needs have created new threat vectors at the endpoint. Every business is a target regardless of location, industry or size as threats have grown increasingly sophisticated and sometimes challenging to detect. Recent data suggests 44% of organizations experienced at least one hardware-level or BIOS attack over the past 12 months.6 For an endpoint security strategy to be effective, it must take the entire attack surface into consideration, including supply chain hardware and firmware.
Dell Trusted Devices security portfolio helps protect
- Advanced Secure Component Verification for PCs allows customers to verify
Dellcommercial PCs and key components arrive as they were ordered and built. Dell Technologiesis the first commercial PC manufacturer in the industry with this native capability, extending its supply chain security and integrity controls.7
- Intel Management Engine (ME) Verification verifies critical system firmware and detects tampering. The initial release of Intel ME Verification targets boot processes critical to system security and provides additional layers of below the OS security.
- Dell Trusted Device Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Integration brings customers full visibility of critical below the OS security events through select SIEM dashboards.8 It allows for a comprehensive analysis of the organization's security status while enabling them to extract more value out of existing security investments.
- New ProSupport Suite for PCs capabilities will be available to new and existing customers directly and through channel partners globally starting
- Advanced Secure Component Verification is available today for
U.S.federal customers and on select Dellcommercial PCs.
- Intel ME Verification and Dell Trusted Device SIEM Integration are available today in
North America, Europeand APJ on Dellcommercial PCs.
Copyright © 2021 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
1 Applies to Dell Precision, Latitude and OptiPlex. Based on
2 IT Leaders Outside Experience to Achieve Business Outcomes: A Spotlight on IT Service Providers – A Forrester Consulting Thought Leadership Spotlight Commissioned by
3 Dell ProSupport Plus is the only / first support service to provide automated custom update catalog management and deployment, based on
4 Dell ProSupport Plus is the only / first support service to provide all three actionable scores on one dashboard: fleet health, security and application experience scores, based on
5 Based on
7 Based on Dell Analysis,
8 Based on Dell Analysis,
Media Relations: Media.Relations@Dell.com