Dell Technologies Cloud Accelerates Customers' Multi-Cloud Journey
- Dell Technologies Cloud delivers a consistent operating model for hybrid cloud, reducing complexity of managing multiple clouds
- Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms offer an operational hub for hybrid cloud environments, reducing total cost of ownership by up to 47% compared to native public cloud1
Dell Technologies Cloud Data Center-as-a-Service offering, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, delivers public cloud delivery model to on-premises and edge locations
- More than 4,200 global VMware Cloud Provider Program partner clouds and hyperscalers, including new addition, Microsoft Azure, part of global network to help customers extend to the public cloud
According to IDC, more than 70% of companies are using multiple cloud environments, and the largest data center challenge most companies face is developing a successful multi-cloud strategy.2 Operating in multiple clouds has caused organizations to onboard many management consoles and disparate processes, which stifles innovation and adds complexity. The hybrid cloud approach is an ideal solution by offering a familiar management interface that extends across clouds for a simplified overall experience. With VMware research finding that 83 percent of cloud adopters are seeking consistent infrastructure and operations from the data center to the cloud3, the Dell Technologies Cloud is designed specifically to address this challenge.
"For many organizations, the increasingly diverse cloud landscape is resulting in an enormous amount of IT complexity, and no one is more qualified or capable to help customers solve this challenge than
Cloud IT infrastructure industry leader delivers a simpler cloud experience
The Dell Technologies Cloud portfolio consists of the new Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms and the new Data Center-as-a-Service offering, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC. These enable a flexible range of IT and management options with tight integration and a single vendor experience for purchasing, deployment, services and financing. Dell Technologies Cloud gives customers more control as the operational hub of their hybrid clouds, on premises, with consistent cloud infrastructure across all cloud types and a broad set of more than 4,200 VMware Cloud Provider Program providers and hyperscalers including new addition, Microsoft Azure.
This hybrid cloud approach is delivered through a powerful integration of hardware, software, services and consumption options from
The Dell Technologies Cloud complements this core technology with a broad set of value-added services, such as security, data protection and lifecycle management. It helps ensure success through consulting, infrastructure deployment, management, support and education services while offering public cloud-like consumption of IT infrastructure.
Organizations deploying Dell Technologies Cloud can:
- Increase agility – Employ familiar
VMwaretools to provision, govern, automate and orchestrate applications across multiple cloud deployment options. This gives organizations workload placement flexibility through a single operational hub across public, private and edge clouds, backed by a broad, global network of cloud service providers.
- Accelerate innovation – Adopt the simple and quick path to deploy hybrid cloud. With
VMware Cloud Foundationnow available natively on Dell EMC VxRail, Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms offer the industry's first jointly engineered, hybrid cloud infrastructure stack tightly integrated with VMware'sflexible, full stack HCI architecture. Customers also can opt to extend the cloud experience on-premises by deploying Dell EMC VxBlock 1000 converged infrastructure and Dell Technologiesvalidated storage, compute and networking options.
- Improve cloud economics – Manage applications seamlessly across various clouds while saving time and cost by eliminating unnecessary application re-platforming. Organizations also can align how they pay for IT with how they do business through a range of options to buy, rent or consume IT as a service through
Dell Financial Services.6 IDC research found that Dell Technologies Cloud can reduce total cost of ownership by up to 47% compared to native public cloud.1
- Help reduce business risk – Enhance confidence in operations through the delivery of IT services backed by built-in security and automated lifecycle management from the cloud vendor enterprises trust with their most critical workloads. Organizations benefit from the experience and trusted solutions of the industry's top cloud IT infrastructure provider to improve service levels and deliver on business requirements.
Dell Technologies Services accelerates time to value for Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms with a comprehensive portfolio of services. This spans developing a cloud strategy and roadmap all the way through managed services and support. Along the journey, Dell Technologies Services offers services for application profiling for assessing cloud suitability and migrating applications, implementation and infrastructure integration, and defining and building the roles and processes for moving to a cloud-oriented operating model.
VMware Cloud on Dell EMC delivers cloud experience to the data center and the edge
VMware Cloud on Dell EMC combines Dell EMC VxRail with core technology from
Delivered in a Data Center-as-a-Service model for their on-premises environments, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC is co-engineered and delivered by
- Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms are available globally now.
Dell Technologies Cloud Data Center-as-a-Service, delivered as VMware Cloud on Dell EMC with VxRail, currently is available in beta deployments with limited customer availability planned for the second half of 2019.
"Organizations around the globe are increasingly using multiple cloud approaches as part of their environments—from private clouds in data centers, and increasingly at the edge, to multiple public clouds. While the goal is to simplify IT, operating in many cloud environments ends up consuming time and adding complexity. By enabling consistent operations and infrastructure with a hybrid cloud across on-premises and public cloud with
- Blog: Introducing Dell Technologies Cloud
- IDC Whitepaper: Benefits of the Consistent Hybrid Cloud
- For more information on news at Dell Technologies World, visit the online press kit.
- Connect with
Dell Technologiesby following @DellTech
About Dell Technologies World
Copyright © 2019 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell Technologies, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 IDC White Paper, sponsored by Dell EMC: Benefits of the Consistent Hybrid Cloud: A Total Cost of Ownership Analysis of the Dell Technologies Cloud,
2 IDC: Cloud Repatriation Accelerates in a Multicloud World, Doc #US44185818,
3 VMware Cloud Journey study, 2018
4 IDC Worldwide Quarterly Cloud IT Infrastructure Tracker, Q4 2018,
5 IDC Worldwide Cloud System Management Software Market Shares, 2017: Strong Growth Continues, doc # US44282218,
6 Payment solutions provided and serviced by
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-cloud-accelerates-customers-multi-cloud-journey-300839846.html