Dell Technologies Cloud Advancements Deliver New Kubernetes Support and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Options
- Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms now support VMware PKS, so organizations can deploy, run and manage Kubernetes for critical production workloads alongside traditional applications
- Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs are now available to help organizations build Dell Technologies Cloud environments using Dell EMC servers, storage and networking to meet a broader range of diverse needs
- Dell Technologies Cloud's fully managed Data Center-as-a-Service offering, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, is now available
- Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms are now available with pay-for-what-you-use flexible consumption models1
More than half of organizations formulating hybrid cloud strategies have cited seamless compatibility with their on-premises infrastructure as the most important consideration, according to new research from analyst firm ESG.2 Dell Technologies Cloud, from the
"Customers tell us they want operational consistency for their cloud infrastructure – an imperative for managing and scaling data-intensive workloads in hybrid cloud environments across on-premises, edge data centers and public clouds," said
Dell Technologies Cloud Adds Kubernetes Support
Organizations continue to accelerate cloud-native application development while also running traditional, virtualized applications. To help organizations balance both imperatives, Dell Technologies Cloud will support automated deployment of VMware PKS on Dell EMC VxRail, adding integrated support for Kubernetes and containers. This helps organizations to more nimbly adopt flexible and secure cloud-native approaches. This introduction offers Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms customers a single, consistent platform for both traditional and cloud-native workloads, streamlining deployment and operation with full lifecycle management of multiple clusters and enhanced automation, performance and security.
Introducing Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs
New Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs offer additional infrastructure options for organizations building hybrid cloud environments. Validated Designs consist of pre-tested infrastructure with deployment guidance using Dell EMC best-of-breed compute, storage and networking, validated with
- Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs for Dell EMC PowerMax and Dell EMC Unity storage arrays – Dell EMC storage arrays are the first to be validated with VMware Cloud foundation for using Fibre Channel as primary storage, within workload domains, in addition to the Network File System (NFS) protocol. This offers customers deployment flexibility for workloads that have unique external storage-specific requirements including independent capacity and advanced features such as integrated data protection.
- Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs for Dell EMC PowerEdge MX servers –
With VMware Cloud Foundationinteroperability, administrators can now gain maximum resource utilization, enabled by PowerEdge MX servers and OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition, allowing customers to dynamically provision storage and assign workloads to individual drives as needed
Introduced at Dell Technologies World 2019, the fully-managed
By providing tight integration of
Dell Technologies Cloud flexible consumption options, and expanded services accelerate customer success
The availability of Flex on Demand allows organizations to deploy Dell Technologies Cloud and pay only for the technology they use. This includes access to elastic capacity and payments that adjust up or down to match usage.1 Flex on Demand simplifies buffer capacity for customers, charging only for utilized capacity, so they can enjoy public cloud-like agility on-premises without paying for all deployed capacity. This approach also gives organizations the freedom to innovate more quickly by paying for technology resources as needed to support new projects.
Additionally, new ProConsult Migration Services for Dell Technologies Cloud use a mature, highly repeatable migration framework that helps organizations rapidly realize the benefits of Dell Technologies Cloud offerings. This proven approach speeds time to cloud and enables customers to focus on higher priority initiatives.
Dell Technologies Cloud Offers Consistent Operations for Hybrid Clouds Across Private Clouds and Leading Public Clouds
Organizations have a variety of options for Dell Technologies Cloud environments:
- Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms – The combination of
VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRailhyperconverged systems offers the easiest and fastest path to a consistent hybrid cloud, complete with automated lifecycle management
- Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs – Now available today, these integrate
VMware Cloud Foundationwith Dell EMC servers, storage arrays and networking, delivered as pre-tested infrastructure with deployment guidance, offering additional options to meet a diverse set of workloads and customer needs.
- Dell Technologies Cloud Data Center-as-a-Service – Offered as VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, this delivers a fully-managed hybrid cloud service for on-premises data centers and edge deployments
- Dell Technologies Cloud Partner Clouds – Extending the consistent cloud experience to the public cloud, with support for VMware Cloud on AWS, Azure VMware Solutions, as well as the recently announced
VMwarefor Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud and more than 4,200 VMware Cloud Provider Program providers globally
- Dell Technologies Cloud Platforms with VMware PKS on
Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRailhas planned global availability in September 2019.
- Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs are now available globally with support for Dell EMC PowerMax and Dell EMC Unity XT storage arrays and Dell EMC PowerEdge MX servers.
Dell Technologies Cloud Data Center-as-a-Service, delivered as VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, is now availabile in the US. Dell EMC Data Protection for VMware Cloud on Dell EMC also is available as an option.
"When it comes to a hybrid cloud strategy, compatibility between on-premises and public cloud provider tools and applications is the most critical issue. Dell Technologies Cloud offerings, with the global
"Building on our deep roots in the data center, we have invested heavily in cloud, enabling us to build solutions that span these two worlds. With new Kubernetes capabilities from Dell Technologies Cloud, WWT can offer an industry-leading, purpose-built container solution to operationalize Kubernetes while minimizing cloud life cycle management for enterprises moving to hybrid cloud models. More specifically, the deep integration between VMware PKS,
- Blog: Bring More Applications to the Cloud with Dell Technologies Cloud Validated Designs
- Blog: Ready, Set, Innovate: VxRail Empowers IT to Deliver Cloud Native & Traditional applications on a single, secure platform
- Blog: Maximize and Protect Your Existing VMware Environment
- Blog: The Smart Approach to Migrating Apps to Dell Technologies Cloud
- Blog: Introducing Dell Technologies Cloud
- IDC Whitepaper: Benefits of the Consistent Hybrid Cloud
- Connect with
Dell Technologiesby following @DellTech
VMworld 2019 is the industry's largest virtualization and cloud computing event. Hosted in both
To learn more about VMworld, please visit: www.vmworld.com.
Copyright © 2019 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell Technologies, Dell, Dell EMC, and the Dell Technologies logo are trademarks of Dell Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
1 Payment solutions provided and serviced by
2 ESG Master Survey Results, Hybrid Cloud Trends,
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-cloud-advancements-deliver-new-kubernetes-support-and-hybrid-cloud-infrastructure-options-300906593.html