Dell Technologies Advances Software-Defined Networking with Dell EMC and VMware Co-Developed Solutions
Collaboration between Dell EMC and
- Re-define the network for the cloud era with combined development efforts
- Modernize network operations and help reduce WAN costs with new Dell EMC SD-WAN Solution – one-stop solution combining VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud, Dell EMC managed infrastructure
- Simplify data center fabric deployment, operations through enhanced visibility across virtual and physical networks with new Dell EMC SmartFabric Director
Today at VMworld 2019,
"Dell EMC and
Dell EMC SD-WAN Solution
Legacy wide area networks (WANs) struggle to keep up with the modern, multi-cloud traffic demands. At the edge, the new Dell EMC SD-WAN Solution helps customers move away from complex, slow-to-innovate and expensive branch office networking to a SD-WAN platform that uses cloud capabilities and economics. Previewed at Dell Technologies World, the new solution is now globally available and supported.
This Dell EMC SD-WAN Solution delivers all-in-one simplicity - combining VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud software available as a flexible subscription with highly-engineered and efficient modern appliances in multiple configuration options - all backed by world-class Dell EMC support, supply chain, and services.
VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud includes: a choice of public, private or hybrid cloud network for enterprise-grade connection to cloud and enterprise applications; branch office enterprise appliances and optional data center appliances; software-defined control and automation; and virtual services delivery. Software subscription options can be upgraded to accommodate changing business requirements for features, duration and bandwidth.
The Dell EMC SD-WAN Solution has three key components:
- SD-WAN Edge powered by
VMware- networking specific, purpose-built appliances designed for high efficiency and reliability
- SD-WAN Orchestrator - cloud-based management and orchestration software services from
VMware, managed by Dell EMC
- SD-WAN Gateways - a global network of more secure, application-focused access gateways from
VMwareto handle WAN traffic
Dell EMC SmartFabric Director – Visibility for Both Physical and Virtual Networks
Dell EMC SmartFabric Director enables data center operators to easily build, operate and monitor an open network underlay fabric based on Dell EMC PowerSwitch Series switches. This is important for organizations that have embraced software-defined networking and need to help make sure their physical underlay networks are finely tuned for that overlay environment. A lack of visibility between the two layers can lead to provisioning and configuration errors, hampering network performance.
This innovative solution from Dell EMC and
Key features include:
VMwarevSphere and VMware NSX-T Data Center Integration – Tight integration with VMwarevCenter and NSX-T enables the physical underlay/fabric to be correctly provisioned for the smooth functioning of application workloads in a VMwaresoftware-defined data center
- Leaf/Spine Fabric Automation – SmartFabric Director uses a declarative model that allows the user to express intent with a set of three well-defined fabric types. Fabric discovery is an ongoing process and ensures that the wiring is consistent with the user-defined intent and removes guesswork for rapid auto-provisioning
- Fabric Visibility – SmartFabric Director supports highly scalable and flexible streaming telemetry to gather key operational data and statistics from the fabric switches. Comprehensive, highly-intuitive visualization of the time-series data and other information greatly simplifies day-to-day fabric operations
- Fabric Lifecycle Management – Upgrading switch images is a critical operation in a data center. SmartFabric Director automates the download, install and verification process and ensures that switches are upgraded with the correct images
- Dell EMC SD-WAN Solution is now globally available
- Dell EMC SmartFabric Director will be available globally in
"Our customers today expect us to deliver the best and most advanced network solutions to solve their business needs," said QOS Networks CEO,
"ESG was impressed with how the Dell EMC SmartFabric Director can help organizations to gain comprehensive visibility into the physical and virtual layers of their core networks and ensure that they are synchronized," said
- Dell EMC Networking
ESG Research Lab: SmartFabric Director First Look report: Read how it can help build simple, efficient and open fabrics for VMwarevirtual network deployments ESG Research Labvideo: Watch Bob Laliberte from ESG discuss the reasons why customers will want to use SmartFabric Director Dell Technologiesvideo: A quick conversation about SD-WAN solutions with networking leaders Tom Burns(Dell EMC) & Tom Gillis( VMware)
VMworld 2019 is the industry's largest virtualization and cloud computing event. Hosted in both
To learn more about VMworld, please visit: www.vmworld.com.
Copyright © 2019 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell Technologies, Dell, Dell EMC, and the Dell Technologies logo are trademarks of Dell Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-advances-software-defined-networking-with-dell-emc-and-vmware-co-developed-solutions-300907120.html