- New VMware Pulse IoT Center, Dell EMC IoT Technology Advisory Services simplify IoT deployments
- New IoT partnerships with Atos,
- Dell EMC and
VMware, founding members of new EdgeX Foundry Linux Foundationproject, join 50 other companies to build open framework for edge computing
According to a recent Gartner report, there will be 20.4 billion connected things in use globally by 2020. Companies are looking for faster, real-time analysis of the massive amount of data produced by all of these "things" on their networks. For some, it's too expensive to move all the data from the edge of the network near the devices to the data center. Computing at the edge helps determine which data sets are interesting, relevant and need to be sent back to the data center or the cloud for further analytics and longer term storage, saving bandwidth and reducing costs and security concerns.
New IoT Products and Services
Simplified "Things" Management – The new VMware Pulse IoT Center is a secure IoT infrastructure management solution that will enable customers to have complete control of their connected things. VMware Pulse IoT Center will help customers to more efficiently manage, operate, scale and protect their IoT projects from the edge to the cloud. Dell will be offering VMware Pulse IoT Center as the preferred enterprise management and monitoring solution for Dell Edge Gateways. By plugging Pulse IoT Center into the new EdgeX Foundry,
IoT Advisory Services – IoT Technology Advisory Service is a new consulting offer from Dell EMC Services to help organizations determine the key capabilities and architecture required to leverage IoT data (e.g., sensors, beacons, gateways, mobile phones, wearables, connected devices). This information can be used for initiatives such as optimizing key operational processes, reducing compliance and security risks, uncovering new revenue opportunities and creating more compelling customer engagements.
Open Source Framework for Interoperable Edge Computing –
Carefully Curated Partnerships
Dell has carefully curated a group of IoT software and services partners through the Dell IoT Solutions Partner and Dell EMC Partner Programs. Many partners have deep, proven expertise in industry-specific IoT challenges, and can help with everything from managing multiprotocol data sources to security to analytics. New partners recently added to the program include
Today's key IoT partner news includes:
- Dell and
Boschhave jointly developed an Industry 4.0 jump start kit to help customers implement IoT projects quickly to realize faster ROI. The kit consists of multiple Bosch XDK sensors, a Dell Edge Gateway, ready-to-go use-cases, cloud integration and software, all preconfigured.
- Atos and Dell EMC are working together to build an IoT service management framework, Atos Codex IoT Services, to allow customers to be assured that all users can continuously create value from their connected devices.
- Atom AMPD, an enterprise-level communications solution provider, will also bundle their software with Dell Edge Gateways and Embedded Box PCs.
- More than 30 years of IT heritage and more than 15 years of operations technology (OT) experience through the Dell EMC OEM Solutions team – deep understanding of both IT and OT, critical for successful IoT implementations
- Technology and expertise of Pivotal to rapidly develop and update cloud-native software
- Dell EMC infrastructure for storing and analyzing the data that the "things" generate
- Ruggedized, purpose-built IoT hardware designed to collect data at the edge of the network including Dell Edge Gateways and Dell Embedded Box PCs
- A curated Dell IoT Solutions Partner Program with more than 70 technology and services partners
- Trusted security solutions from RSA and
SecureWorksthat ensure data is transferred securely and quickly
- Industry-leading global service and support and financing options
Announced today at Dell EMC World:
- VMware Unveils IoT Management Solution to Help Customers Take Control of IoT
- Atos and Dell EMC Join Forces to Address the Growing Internet of Things Market
Dell EMC Software-Defined Storage Paves Wayfor Data Center Modernization
Dell EMC World
Dell EMC World 2017,
Copyright © 2017 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, Dell EMC, other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Technologies or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-technologies-simplifies-iot-for-customers-with-new-iot-products-and-partnerships-300454393.html
Sarah Luden, 512-300-4354